EAST RIDING CHILDREN’S CENTRES
Information taken from www.eastriding.gov.uk
East Riding of Yorkshire Children’s Centres are there for the whole family. From the moment you know you are expecting a baby, and until the child or the child being cared for is nine years of age.
East Riding of Yorkshire has eighteen Children’s Centres that offer a range of activities and services for children and their families, to give every child the best start in life. They offer the right help at the right time so that our families feel confident, safe, healthy and happy. These Children’s Centres are committed to offering baby friendly facilities and are Baby Friendly Initiative Gold accredited.
How can Children’s Centres help me and my family?
Children’s Centres have experienced, qualified and friendly staff who provide support to families in different ways. They offer tailored support through our family support work, which can be done one to one in the family home or during sessions at one of our Children’s Centres.
They can help with:
- Support during pregnancy
- Becoming a new parent and developing parenting skills
- Understanding babies’ cues
- Supporting bonding and attachment
- Toilet training
- Child development in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
- Healthy lifestyles
- Promoting positive emotional well-being
- Safe sleep
- Establishing daily household routines
Children’s Centre activities, resources and sessions:
- Antenatal parent education
- Child health clinics
- Infant massage
- Feeding information and advice
- Early play and learning sessions
- Family links nurturing programme
- Home learning opportunities including Bookstart and bags of support
- Talk time – supporting your child’s communication/language development
- Sensory room
- Take and make
Advice and support is also given around:
- Help to access 2, 3 & 4 year funded childcare places
- Form filling and attending appointments
- Support with further education
- Where to go for specialist advice and support for example: speech and language specialist, domestic abuse, alcohol and drug misuse and mental health issues